The I-81 Advisory Committee provides advice and recommendations to the Commonwealth Transportation Board (CTB) regarding the development of the I-81 Corridor Improvement Plan.
The advisory committee met Monday, October 2 at the Virginia Horse Center in Lexington.
Meeting materials and presentations will be posted below.
The committee, which meets at least twice each year, has 15 voting members: seven Virginia lawmakers, three CTB members representing the Bristol, Salem and Staunton districts, and the five chairs of the planning district commissions. VDOT’s commissioner and DRPT’s director will serve on the committee ex officio in non-voting capacities.
All meetings are open to the public and meeting minutes are available online by clicking on the desired meeting link below.
Members of the Committee
- Committee Chair: Delegate Terry Austin, District 19
- Committee Vice-Chair: Delegate Tony Wilt, District 26
- Delegate Jason Ballard, District 12
- Delegate William Wiley, District 29
- Senator John Edwards, District 21
- Senator Creigh Deeds, District 25
- Senator Todd Pillion, District 40
- Chair Frank Friedman, Central Shenandoah PDC
- Chair Phil North, Roanoke Valley/Alleghany PDC
- Chair Hil Johnson, New River Valley PDC
- Chair Dennis Morris, Northern Shenandoah PDC
- Chair Randy Pennington, Mount Rogers PDC
- Ray Smoot Jr., Salem District CTB Member
- Tom Fowlkes, Bristol District CTB Member
- Mark Merrill, Staunton District CTB Member
Ex-Officio (Non-Voting) Members:
- Stephen Brich, VDOT Commissioner
- Jennifer DeBruhl, DRPT Director
October 2, 2023 In-Person Meeting:
July 7, 2022 In-Person Meeting:
April 28, 2021 Virtual Meeting:
December 2020 Virtual Meeting:
October 2020 Virtual Meeting:
October 2019 Meeting in Natural Bridge:
August 2019 Meeting in Lexington:
CTB Briefings & Reports