An I-81 Advisory Committee was established to provide advice and recommendations to the Commonwealth Transportation Board (CTB) regarding the development of the I-81 Corridor Improvement Plan.
The committee is scheduled to meet four times each year at rotating planning district locations along the corridor and report to the Governor and General Assembly each December. The committee has 15 voting members: seven Virginia lawmakers, three CTB members representing the Bristol, Salem and Staunton districts, and the five chairs of the planning district commissions. VDOT’s commissioner and DRPT’s director will serve on the committee ex officio in non-voting capacities.
All committee meetings are open to the public and meeting minutes are available online by clicking on the desired meeting link below.
Members of the Committee
- Stephen Brich, VDOT Commissioner
- Jennifer Mitchell, DRPT Director
- Committee Chair: Delegate Gwendolyn Gooditis, District 10
- Committee Vice-Chair: Senator John Edwards, District 21
- Delegate Chris Hurst, District 12
- Delegate Sam Rasoul, District 11
- Delegate Tony Wilt, District 26
- Senator Creigh Deeds, District 25
- Senator Todd Pillion, District 40
- Chair Frank Friedman, Central Shenandoah PDC
- Chair Bradley Grose, Roanoke Valley/Alleghany PDC
- Chair Michael Maslaney, New River Valley PDC
- Chair Dennis Morris, Northern Shenandoah PDC
- Chair Willie Green, Mount Rogers PDC
- Ray Smoot, Jr., Salem District CTB Member
- Bristol District CTB Member (currently vacant)
- Staunton District CTB Member (currently vacant)
December 2020 Virtual Meeting:
- Friday, December 11, from 3-4 p.m.
- Agenda and live-stream will be available here
October 2020 Virtual Meeting:
October 2019 Meeting in Natural Bridge:
August 2019 Meeting in Lexington:
Latest Briefings & Reports